Hoot 'n' Howl
The best Northwest fall event. Ever.
Bring the whole family and take a starlit tram ride through the Free-Roaming Area. Come in costume and play games, visit treat stations for candy. (Adults, please leave full face masks at home.)
Do some Freaky Food Science in the Kids' Trek Pavilion, vote for your favorite "scare-critter," go on a Black Light Nature Walk.
Now on TWO October weekends: Oct. 11-12 and 18-19!
Meet an owl, snake, slug or raccoon, and talk to the keepers who look after them! Here's the schedule:
Keeper Chats: 5:30pm Barn Owl, 6:30pm Snakes & Slugs (Cheney Center); 7:30pm Raccoon
Freaky Food Science: 6:15pm, 7:15pm (Kids' Trek Pavilion)
Nature Hikes: 7pm, 8:15pm
Bat Discovery: All night Oct. 18-19 (Baker Cabin)
Games: All night (Picnic Pavilion)
Hands-on activities: All night (Cheney Center)
Trick or Treat: All night (around the park)
Hoot 'n' Howl is incredibly popular. Read these tips to have a great time.
- Book your tickets online to save money and guarantee a tram ride (no guarantees for day-of tickets). Free for under-3.
- Online ticket sales close Oct. 6 for first weekend, Oct. 13 for second. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Double-check your ticket date before you leave home, and arrive early - parking fills up fast.
- Bring flashlights for the paths, a reusable bag for candy, and dress for the weather.
- Check in at the gate to get your tram time.