Get a little wild.
What does a keeper do to care for wild animals? Learn from our keepers themselves at Zookeeper Academy.
- 11:30 am Raccoon enrichment
- 1:30 pm Cougar training
- 1:30 pm Bear enrichment
- 2:30 pm Beaver training
- 11:30 am - 2 pm Commissary tours - see how keepers prep animal diets
Why do animals (and humans) need enrichment? It works their brains and bodies and keeps them healthy.
Enrichment Tent: See and play with some of the different types of enrichment items our keepers provide to our animals
Cheney Discovery Center: Do you have a pet? Come craft a new toy to enrich your pet's life!
Around the park:
- Learn from keepers how to observe and interpret animal behavior
- Take the Keeper Challenge, a series of obstacles that keepers face every day! Do you have what it takes?
- Get to know our zoo keepers and how they got started!