What's a horticulture volunteer?
Someone who assists permanent and part-time horticulture personnel with large and small projects, and performs some park landscaping projects with minimal supervision.
Assists in keeping grounds well maintained and clearing paths
Assists with major and minor landscaping projects
Assists with landscaping and restoration projects, using acceptable horticultural practices
Assists in removing non-native and invasive species of plants from all areas of the park, including working in animal exhibits
- 18 years of age or older
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to communicate with public and park staff in a polite, helpful and courteous manner
- Ability to carry out written and oral directions
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
Knowledge And Abilities
- Learn basic biology and natural history of native wildlife and ecosystems
- Able to work in all weather conditions and walk the core area of the park
- Know and follow park rules and regulations
- Learn basic interpretation techniques and skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be courteous, tactful and patient at all times in the park when interacting with the public, staff and other volunteers
Available to volunteer on a regular weekly basis (four hours weekly is suggested)
Applications now open.