Someone who serves as an information source on-site for Northwest Trek visitors. They monitor, interpret and help maintain assigned public areas, and act as a public relations ambassador for Northwest Trek. Must be knowledgeable about the park’s history, activities and goals.
Conducts point and roving interpretations in the park’s core area. Staffs the Cheney Discovery Center, Baker Cabin, Program Carts as needed. Assists with special projects and events. Other duties as assigned.
- 14 years of age or older
- Successful completion of all required training
- Ability and genuine desire to work well with all ages of the public
- Ability to work effectively with staff and other volunteers
- Support for the philosophy, goals and objectives of Northwest Trek and our relationship to Metro Parks Tacoma
Knowledge And Abilities
- Learn basic biology and natural history of native wildlife and ecosystems
- Able to work in all weather conditions and walk the core area of the park
- Know and follow park rules and regulations
- Learn basic interpretation techniques and skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be courteous, tactful and patient at all times in the park when interacting with the public, staff and other volunteers
You should be available on a regular weekly basis for a minimum of four hours. However, we can be somewhat flexible and work with your schedule. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications now closed. Please check back.