For Teachers & Schools
SCHOOL FIELD TRIP PRICES
Northwest Trek offers discounted admission for students and parent chaperones on school field trips for schools listed in the Washington Education Directory.
Northwest Trek requires a minimum of 15 people combined students and chaperones in order to process a school group reservation.
Before submitting a request, please review the Know Before You Go section (below) and Northwest Trek hours. The park is closed Monday-Thursday from October 6 through mid-March.
|Sept. - Feb.||$7 per student & adult chaperone*|
|March - April||$8 per student & adult chaperone*|
|May - June||$9 per student & adult chaperone*|
*Prices subject to change
For non-school group reservations, click HERE.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
The safety of your students is important to us. All chaperones are required to be criminally screened as specified in RCW 43.43.830 and/or must pass a Washington State Patrol fingerprint criminal screening, so any additional adults who are not included in your reservation count WILL NOT be seated on your reserved tram tour.
Chaperones With Your Reservation
Northwest Trek allows teachers to include an unlimited number of parent chaperones in the reservation process. These chaperones must be included in your final payment. The minimum requirement for all visiting schools, including high schools, is one adult chaperone for every seven (7) students.
Additional Day of Chaperones
As teachers, you will be required to deal with additional parents and siblings who arrive on the day of your visit. Additional adults and siblings will pay full-price general admission and will be required to take a public tram tour. Please help us avoid the difficult confrontations that can arise with parents by sharing this information prior to your visit. Please refer to the Student Safety section above.
Making a Reservation
· Complete the online school group reservation form at least twenty (20) days prior to your tour date.
· You cannot use coupons, complimentary passes or memberships to Northwest Trek or Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium with your reservation
· Final head count and full payment is required fourteen (14) days prior to your tour date
· We accept the following methods of payment:
· We will mail you a confirmation letter, along with admission ticket wristbands, once your payment is processed
· There are no refunds once payment has been processed
· We do not accept reservations on special event days or holidays
Day of your Visit
· Everyone in your reserved group is required to be wearing an admission ticket wristband prior to arriving at the gate
· Your reserved group must line up single file so we can check you in
· You must arrive at the tram tour station at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tram tour time. Please allow ample time to arrive at the park, go through check-in and use the restrooms
· Groups that miss their scheduled time will be rescheduled on the next available tram tour
· Teachers are required to ride the tram tour with their students – no exceptions
· Chaperones are required to stay with their assigned students at all times while visiting the park
· Teachers are required to ensure that chaperones fulfill their role of monitoring and assuring responsible behavior of their assigned students
If you have questions or need more information, contact us at 360.832.7166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.