Get a little wild
- Animal enrichments and keeper talks: 11:30 am at Wetlands (both days); 1:30 pm at Bears (both days)
Watch bears crash a "picnic" and wetland animals get flower treats.
- Mason bee keeping demonstration: 11 am and 2:30 pm at Picnic Pavilion (both days).
In this hands-on demonstration from "Mason Bee Mike" (Sat) or Trek horticulturalist Jake Pool (Sun) you'll learn about these gentle pollinators from cocoon to flight, and discover their amazing pollinating abilities. It's simple to be a Mason Bee Keeper - you can do it too!
- Mason bee bundle-making: All day in the Picnic Pavilion
Make your own bee nesting bundle to take home!
We're celebrating spring here in the Pacific Northwest!
- Foraging hikes on the nature trails: 10:15 am, 12:30 pm, 3 pm (both days)
Join a guided hike and learn to identify the wild edible foods found in Pacific Northwest forests. You can even sample some wild flavors!
- Try "Forest Forage Pizza" made with nettles foraged right here at Northwest Trek. All day in the Forest Cafe .
- Springtime crafts and activities in the Cheney Discovery Center. "Build a Bug," do a springtime craft and grab a sensory scavenger hunt to look and listen for signs of spring!
- Look at the world through animal eyes at the Baker Cabin
Spring is a perfect time for photos, and Spring Fling is the perfect excuse to book yourself on a Northwest Trek Photo Tour. Hop on a special tram around our Free Roaming Area, where a trained naturalist will spot our moose, elk, bison, caribou and more and stop the tram for the best angle.
We even roll down the windows for perfect clarity.
8-10:30am April 7. Includes admission to the park. Book your spot now.