February 16 - February 18
The annual Kids ‘n’ Critters event will take place during Presidents Day Weekend, Feb. 16 through 18. Up to four children, ages 12 and younger, will receive FREE admission to Northwest Trek with every paying adult or senior. This year we are focusing all about trees! Special Kids 'n' Critters activities are free with admission all weekend and include tree-themed arts and crafts and trailside encounters.
Tram seating is limited to the first 1,500 visitors. All trams are 30-minute tours during Kids 'n' Critters. Offer not valid with other discounts or promotions. Good only for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. No special tickets necessary. No rain checks.
Learn all about the importance of trees with FREE activities.
- The Crown: Learn about the tree’s crown and make a crown for yourself.
- Products of a Tree: Come and learn the many different items made from trees that we use every day and make your own paper to take home.
- Story Walk: Take a stroll on the beautifully paved nature trails and read the story of The Lorax as you meander among the trees.
- Trees Please: Learn why trees important, what relationship they have with insects, why different trees grow in different places and much more!
- The History Mystery: What was the spring weather like in 1950? A tree could tell you….they are natures almanac. Come learn the history mystery that trees contain.
- Planting 101: Come to the Backyard Habitat to learn all about trees and speak first-hand with our tree experts (Master Gardener and/or Horticulturist) from 2 pm -3 pm.