February 15 - February 18
Up to four children, ages 12 and younger, will receive FREE admission to Northwest Trek with every full-paying adult or senior. This year we are learning all about insects! Special Kids 'n' Critters activities are free with admission all weekend and include insect-themed arts and crafts and trailside encounters.
Tram seating is limited to the first 1,500 visitors. All trams are 30-minute tours during Kids 'n' Critters. Offer not valid with other discounts or promotions. Good only for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. No special tickets necessary. No rain checks.
Activity Schedule (daily)
- What Are They Eating? (9:30-3:00) Learn what insects eat and make an insect to take home.
- Insects A-Z (9:30-3:30) There are millions of insect species. Learn some of their names!
- Story Walk (9:30-3:30) Stroll through the forest and enjoy bug-themed storytime.
- Ants! (11-3) What's it like to live in a colony? Learn about these amazing critters and build an ant to take home.
- Flight (11-3) How do insects fly? Learn about the muscles that make flight possible.
- Animal Presentations (11:30 and 1:30) Learn more about insectivores: animals that eat insects!
- Saturday: Wetland animals (11 am) and Bears (1 pm)
- Sunday: Cats (11 am) and Free-Roaming Animals (1 pm)
- Monday: Bears (11 am) and Wetland Animals (1 pm)
- Tuesday: Cats (11 am) and Wetland Animals (1 pm)